14.01.15

#Belvedere2015 #ParticipantsInTheSpotlight - Cairan Ryan, Baritone, Canada

As Tarquinius in The Rape of Lucretia
Opera on the Avalon 2010.
Photo Credit - Gene Wu.
Hello from Montreal! My name is Cairan Ryan, I am a Canadian baritone, and I am extremely excited to participate in the 2015 competition. I was at the 2012 competition in Vienna and the standard was very high. I'm excited to have the chance to sing for agents, companies and conductors in Europe through the competition. 

If I were on a flight, sitting next to any singer I admire, it would be Mr. Simon Keenlyside. He is one of my role models, and it would be fascinating to hear some of his stories. I'd love to pick his brain about the art form. 

In five years (crossing fingers) I hope to be continuing singing for a living, so I can do what I love, and give something back to the world.

Website: www.cairanryan.com
Twitter: @CairanRyan

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen